Sunday, April 14, 2013

LacQit One Step Gel Polish…Reduced severity of nail breaking


This is my 8th day wearing the LacQit (Pronounced: LAC-IT) One Step Gel Polish.  From the video below, you can see that I have the same lustrous shine that I had on Day 1.  However, I did have a nail emergency…I broke my thumb nail while doing BURPEEs (see Wiki description) at the gym.  The impact of quickly hitting the floor in push-up position did cause the polish to rip along the torn edge of my nail.   However, the nail did not break into the skin, which has always been the outcome for this particular thumb nail.  I contribute this to the firm support and density of the gel polish, which acted as a buffer between my nail and the floor.  I was able to cut the remaining fragmented edges and file without massively disfiguring the remaining polished area.  I opted not to retouch the thumb nail to see how well the gel polish manages after the bonding of the polish has been disturbed.




I've applied the LacQit cuticle oil to my cuticles approximately 3 times within these past 8 days, so they are not showing any signs of cuticle damage from the gel polish or the use of the LED lamp.  The oil, which is a blend of almond oil. jojoba, and rice bran oil, is very light and does not leave an oily residue.  It absorbs within seconds, so I haven't had to worry about getting oily stains on my clothing.  Let’s see what happens going into week 2. Stay tuned….. 

No comments:

Post a Comment